Barts is a game that combines all of the outdoor fun and simplistic scoring concepts of cornhole/bags with the badassery of throwing darts at cans of beer! The goal of the game is simple: be the first team to score 21 points. The adventure comes on the path towards victory!
- Missing board/hitting board without the dart sticking in the wood or hitting outside the scoring arches = 0 points.
- Hitting and sticking in outer black ring = 1 point.
- Hitting and sticking in inner white ring = 2 points.
- Hitting and puncturing the can or red “beerseye” target = 3 points.
- When not playing with a can at the center target, any dart that strikes this zone is worth 3 points.
- The dart is not required to stick in the can, but a new puncture hole must be created for points.
- If the beerseye can is hit, your opponent will enjoy the beverage until liquid no longer spills out of the puncture hole. If the newest hole is above a previous mark, 3 points and 1 drink/sip is the total.
- Once the can is hit 3 times, the can must be finished by opponent & replaced with a fresh can in the following round.
- Cancellation scoring rules apply. If Team A scores 4 points and Team B scores 2 points, that round is scored: Team A = 2 | Team B = 0.
- Find a flat and soft surfaced (grass/sand/etc.) area to set up that is clear of any bystanders behind the board.
- A safety perimeter of 4 yards surrounding the board is required for all bystanders & participants.
- Use the included strap to mark the throwing line 4 yards from the tip of the target board, open the Barts boards to face the line.
- Grab 6 total darts (3 of each color) and your opponent(s).
- Alternate throws between teams with the team who scored more points in the previous round throwing first in the following round.
- When throwing darts, your toes must not cross the 4 yard throwing line.
- First team to 21 points wins the game (no “bust” rule).
Drinking Rules | Can on Target board
- Place an unopened canned drink in the center “beerseye” portion.
- If the beerseye can is hit, your opponent should enjoy the beverage until liquid no longer spills out of the puncture hole.
- If a hole is created above a previous puncture = 3 points & 1 drink/sip.
- Once the can is hit 3 times, the beverage should be finished by the opponent & replaced with a fresh can in the following round.
Drinking Rules | Side Drink
- When playing with a side drink and no canned beverage on the target board, drinks are awarded as follows:
- Dart hits & sticks in top/backboard beerseye = 1 opponent drink/sip
- Dart hits & sticks in bottom/baseboard beerseye = 3 opponent drinks/sips
- See example below: